Friday, January 29, 2010

Put it on the Calendar

It's winter at the Cookie Cutter house. It's wonderfully busy but it's a bit difficult to continue the renovation of our laundry and mudroom.

Believe it or not, we actually scheduled the tiling of the floors for a weekend in February. I think it's funny how we are doing the work ourselves and we had to schedule the tiling as if we're contractors.

We all have a bit of cabin fever.

To keep sane on the more difficult weeks, I choose small projects.

My friend Jenni told me that a friend of hers who had small children used to sew every day. She said it was the one thing that she didn't have to undo and made her feel like she did something.

I *completely* understand.

I remembered an old pattern that my Grammy sent me in the mail.

And then I got to work with some really dreamy fabric. I wanted my baby girl to be ready when the warmth and sunshine came.

I had enough fabric so I made two. One for Eve and one for cousin in North Carolina.

I can hardly stand it. Flowers AND polka dots.
When I can't remodel my house at least I can decorate my children.
(I hope you're laughing because I am.)

Is it possible that somewhere under the frozen ground are flowers?


When Eve awoke from her nap, I was *crazy* to try to put her new smock on her. I wanted to see if it would fit.
"She won't have it," warned Dan.
But I was persistent. And fast.


I quickly put the smock on her and tried to imagine it without the undershirt. Holey cuteness.


The back is totally adorable. I love this pattern. I wore the same type of outfit when I was a toddler.


"Mom, please stop taking my picture. I'm serious."

"Okay," I said, "for now."