Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Design Help

This is my fireplace room.
The hubs and I had the oak cabinets (which flank the fireplace) painted a mortar color. We love how it made the fireplace the center of attention but then...

the room got kind of dull.
So... I've been adding punches of yellow/gold color wherever I can. It's a work in progress.


So the other day when I was at the Home*Goods store, this pillow flirted with me.
"Oh, I couldn't," I said to myself as I locked my eyes on its yellow goodness and bright, bold pattern.

"I shouldn't," I said to myself.
But then I remembered that I have several rooms with yellow in them and that this pillow could inform me of other colors to put in the room.

That's right. I just gave my pillow a voice.
It informed me.
With green. And rust. And gray, of all things.


I use pillows to give me inspiration like that.
"What should I do with my overly green bedroom?" I asked this blue linen beauty.
"I'll show you," it said with its marvelous, harmonious colors.

This pillow just gave me permission to bring in some blues and reds if I want.


Pillows saved the day when I was tired of our red couch. Too much red. Too loud. I needed a break. So I found some pumpkin colored ones. And cream. And linen.


And now my siren colored couch is much quieter.