Friday, January 15, 2010

Bathroom Reflections

If there's one thing I want to convey at Cookie Cutter House, it's not that every blessed inch of the house has to be decorated. But if a room isn't serving the emotional and physical needs of its occupants, something can be done. Even if it's just as simple as cleaning it.

I don't dread cleaning. Some people do. I find that it offers me some time to be reflective or to take pride in what I do have.

This may not look like much to you, but this is my bathroom sink. The faucet is standard builder's choice. The cabinets are oak. And the bathroom is tan.


Sure, I'd love to redo the bathroom one day. But I don't see that happening in the near future.

So I practice contentment and appreciation. Sometimes this is hard for me. On this particular day, it is not difficult. I'm thankful.

I wipe down the faucets and sink and make them shiny again. This sink is very important. It starts and ends our day. It prepares us for others and washes away the layers of our day when we go to bed.


Today, I try to focus on what I do have.
I do have clean, fluffy towels.
And they give me great joy along with my clean sink.