Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter

Each time a Christian holiday comes along and my family and I are alone, I get a little sad.

I know, I know... if we're TOGETHER, then we're not truly ALONE.

But I'm used to big gatherings. So I FEEL alone.

So I do the best I can and think of other friends who don't have local family and invite them over. Love it.

This Easter, I set the table a little differently. After I laid the tablecloth, I put a weight on it.


Doesn't it look lovely?


I'll give you one guess as to WHY I need to do this.
Shucks, I'll just tell ya:
The wee one likes to pull things down to her eye level.
This'll keep her from doing so.

I can't think of a better use for this mini chalkboard I bought YEARS ago from Pottery Barn. I use it while I'm preparing the meal to remind me what is left to prepare. And then, if folks ask, "What's for dinner?" I just point the way.


The following two pics of Morgan are the only pics I have of her in her Easter dress. They're not really in focus. She's still purdy as a picture if you ask me.



Baby girl was more than willing to let me take her pic.
(Look... Cabbage Patch Kids DO exist...)


"Pick me up, Daddy."


Here's our lovely friends, the Vandermeers.


And here's baby girl's favorite thing to do... climb up the step and sit on it.


"You watching, Mom?"


"Watch me now, I'm sitting."


"AREN'T I AMAZING?"
And humble, dear... You're humble, too.


She's purdy, too. Bald and purdy.


Our friends brought these yummy desserts, decorated by their resident third grader.


And their momma blessed us with honest to goodness cream puffs. I'd have taken another pic with the sauce except that we wolfed them down.


Easter is a great time to put aside projects and break bread with friends.