Sunday, April 18, 2010

Fern

This is my entry.
*Yawn*
Poor, sad door.
Looks like no one lives here.


But wait, the Fern fairy arrived.

Holey smokes, that baby is cute.

And I adore the look of southern-charmed front porches with their oversized ferns.


It's a start, a beautiful way to welcome spring.

It's easy enough to do in an afternoon, even with a toddler in tow.


Hee hee... My happy ferns have me thinking about all manner of front door fun.

We're getting our sidewalk repoured because our guests keep tripping on that 1" rise in it. But once the dust is settled, maybe some pretty little phlox will appear on the side of the walk. It's about three bucks a pot right now and likes to meander about... perfect to soften a landscape.

Has anyone grown ivy on a north facing wall? My attempt at growing ivy onto our columns last year... um... failed.