Monday, April 12, 2010

Pergola Progress

All is quiet on the mid-western front.

Except for the loud mouthed baby who loves being outside and wants nothing to do with inside time. How I love her bossy nature. That'll keep you strong for life, girl.

I'm keeping my eyes on the prize, the pergola prize:

I have received an approval from the homeowners association for the pergola.

I have started the permit process with my city for said pergola.
(Tip: Bring cute, bald baby to permit office and claim pergola will shade baby from sunburn.)

I have made the appointment with the concrete people to pour our new patio.

And now... I am doing everything in my craigs*listing and free*cycling power to get someone to take my wood deck. Please, someone... it's a great deck... just take it.


It's a big process and not particularly "family friendly" but it will be worth it for a little bit of sanctuary. Little steps, Emily.