Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Time for Five: Coconut


About "Time for Five":
I don't have hours to discover things with my Morgan.
But I do have a few minutes extra at a grocery store to find something fun.
(A new fruit to try. A retro kind of candy.)
I don't have the curriculum or organization of a preschool or kindergarten teacher.
But I have more love for her than they ever will.
I don't want to miss her in the midst of today's busyness.
So I do have five minutes in which we can enjoy a new discovery together.
___________________________

If you have five minutes, you can discover the joys of breaking open a coconut.
Might I suggest the "easy break" kind?


It's fun to play with tools which are usually forbidden.


Morgan takes her job seriously.


The coconut was already "pre-cracked" so the effort was not much.


Was it worth it?
Despite the "eww" face, I think she liked it.


Five minutes, was all.

I'd love to hear what others do with five minutes.