Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Bannister

The baby is getting four molars. All at once.

Take this sound and repeat it for three hours: "aeaeaaaaaeeeeaaaaaa."

That's my baby, growing molars. Poor thing.

And while I'm on the subject of motherhood, I'm gonna say this:
This past week, I struggled with feeling significant as a stay at homey. I just did. Things just didn't work out right and I felt homely and tired.

So tonight, the wonderful hubs told me to take the night off.
All I wanted to do was SEE something from start to finish.
I looked at the bannister. It winced.

"Don't worry, Mr. Bannister. You're in good hands."


And with that, I sanded it with coarse 80 grit sandpaper.
And then I taped it with my new Frog Tape. It says that it won't let paint leak through like regular paint tape. I'm going to take the challenge.


And then I primed it.


And somehow the momentum carried over to the other side of my entrance where there is this little alcove. Hmmmm...

So far, this job has taken a half hour to sand and an hour to paint.
I found it relaxing.
But that's probably because the children were in bed and I could hear the hubs watching TV in the room next to me.

Somehow, after that hour and a half, sanding the bannister felt like it sanded away my frustrations and gave me something new.

I've been putting off this project for a long time.
I didn't realize how enjoyable it would be.
And it's really not that hard.

But there's still work to be done.
Are you curious about what color it will be when it is finished? I am. :)

To be continued...