Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Outdoor Table

Spring is here.
Technically.

And I have spring-itis.

Recently I went to a home show where some really cool gals showed me their work with vinyls. The things you can do with vinyls these days! They said they were JUST about to start working with etched looking vinyls. Oh my...

I had this table in mind...


I sent the company a design I had in mind for this table: faux placemats.

When my vinyls arrived, I cleaned my table on both sides. Then I flipped it over and marked off with tape where I wanted the placemats.


The placemats are in the experimental stage. The company I'm working with had me try to apply the vinyls in both dry and wet applications.

Here's what it looks like when I wet the table first, applied the vinyl, squeezed out the water and air bubbles and let it dry.

(Can you see my kitschy design? I love whimsy.)


And then the dry application... It is more subtle.


I can't decide which one I like better, but I think I'm leaning toward the dry application one. I'd love to hear what others think:

In case you're wondering, they are semi-permanent vinyls. They will come off if you attempt to remove them, but they're meant to be loved for several years. :)