Friday, December 3, 2010

Craft 4: Beaded Monogram

A lot of my craft suggestions are just that: suggestions. I don't claim to have made up the idea of them. Some of them I remember from my childhood. You can find a craft like this on Martha Stewart's website also. I just like to share what crafts I like to do with my daughter. Enjoy!


What You'll Need:
Needlenose Pliers
20 Gauge wire (at craft stores)
Glass beads to fit 20 gauge wire




Instructions:
1. Using your needlenose pliers, cut a piece of wire about 15-18". Bend it into the shape of the letter that you want. Have fun! Add gentle twirls to the end of it. :)

2. Flatten the letter wire onto a table surface so that it lies flat. It won't lay perfectly flat, but that's okay.


3. Crimp one edge using your pliers.


4. Begin threading your beads onto the wire. I found that some of my glass beads would not fit on the wire, but most did.



I tried my hand with the letter "N"... Oh my, what fun!

The Lesson of the Beaded Monogram:

Your name is one of your most precious possessions. Treat it as such.

Isaiah 40:26
Lift up your eyes and look to the heavens:
Who created all these?
He who brings out the starry host one by one
and calls forth each of them by name.
Because of his great power and mighty strength,
not one of them is missing.