Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Patio Progress, Day 2

Morning of Day Two:
The patio area is framed out and wired. Ready to be poured.


... So is the front walk...


Construction looks purdier with sun beams.


The footer frames are installed.


And the tools are waiting in the yard for the concrete to come. I like how the boots are lined up like soldiers.


The concrete cometh...


And is very messy-eth.
(Here they are evening out the surface with a wood board.)

The men who did our sidewalk and patio were very knowledgeable.

And stylish. I like the color of this happy cement mixer.
Just sayin'.

The sidewalk started to take shape.

And the back patio started to look like wonderfulness.

Did they use wheel barrows?
Nope. They used this automatic barrow.
No idea what the technical name is.
"Doohickey," I think.

Big trucks! Grunt, grunt.

And since I don't like when people make house projects look easy breezy, I am showing confessional photos of the state of my house.
Note: This was not staged in the least.
Note the background: Morgan has her head in a lamp shade.
Again, not staged.

I must have worked in this kitchen all day. And the dishwasher never recovered.

I gave Morgan a soda.
Bad idea.
(See earlier comment about Morgan's head in a lamp shade.)

I gave Eve her dinner. Which she rubbed in her hair and mixed with her bottle milk.
Slimy mess.

While I'm being honest:


Today reminded me why I don't do huge home projects as often anymore.

But when I sit on the patio this weekend, I will forget the chaos of it all and dream some more with Dan.