Sunday, May 16, 2010

Patio Fun

The patio is poured.

And even though I didn't lift a finger to pour the actual slab, I felt like I did.

I have done a million home improvement projects and each time I'm completely in awe of how tired I am afterwards. It takes days to recover. It didn't USED to take days to recover, but I'm a momma of two wonderfully lively daughters... one of which has recently learned to climb onto tables and bark things in baby mandarin. *Serenity.*

But I digress. After the work is done and the tiredness is banished, I take a step back and smile. This will be good for my family, I tell myself.
I picture my baby running around with a diaper in the hot sun.
I picture my Morgan playing house with friends in the grasss.


And then, with a little sloppy Photoshop work, I slap the pic of the pergola over my patio to see what it might look like.

Oh my.
Pour me a glass of somethin' because I'm really going to enjoy a place of shade.


Now if we could just get the grass around the patio to grow.
Suggestions are welcome, but only if they're serious. :)