Sunday, May 16, 2010

Morgan and Scrapbooking


(I am about to do a series of posts on summertime sanity. Here is the first in my series.)

____________________________

Last week or so, I had my Morgan home for one day because there was no school. By 9am, I nearly went bonkers with how restless she was. Dear me, how in the world am I going to keep this child occupied this summer?

For starters, I want to combine work with fun. In order to keep her writing this summer, I thought I'd start a scrapbook.

You may be thinking, "Really?" and picturing mounds of tape and stickers and scrapping paper.

I'm going to keep it a little simpler. The idea is that whenever Morgan and I have an adventure day (i.e.- zoo or Arboretum), we'll each write a page about it. During our day out at said adventure, we'll be sure to pick up a post card or two to remember our fun time.

There are many benefits to this:
1. She and I are doing this TOGETHER.

2. She is keeping up her writing skills from kindergarten.

3. In a court of law, if she sues me for "summer boredom", I can refer to this scrapbook as "Exhibit A".

Here's our first entries:
We wrote our thoughts about being on the Skydeck in Chicago at The Willis Tower. I wrote about how scared I was at the top of the 103 floors.

I love Morgan's side.
It says:

What I liked the top becuase I got to poottoo corters into a mishine and I saw the hol toun then we when't home.

Let me translate for you:

What I liked: the top because I got to put quarters in a machine and I saw the whole town. Then we went home.