Friday, February 19, 2010

You Sew, Girl

My dear Morgan,

Lately you have been secretly swiping little bits of ribbon from my sewing box. You've shredded fabric with your love of cutting. And you've been taking thread to needle any chance you can get. It was time that I bought you your first sewing equipment.

You had no idea what was in the box.

And you didn't have to say a word because your expression said it all.

You examined your new scissors and needles and measuring tape. And you were MOST proud of receiving a seam ripper because "only big girls would get something like this."

In no time at all you began to embroider. I didn't teach you a thing. I let you discover it for yourself. In all honestly, I expected some wild stitches.

I didn't expect these perfect little pink ones.

And I certainly didn't expect you to make a "G"... for "Grandma"...

This is just the beginning, my dear, of many happy creative sewing moments. May you enjoy them all.

Love, Mom