Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Of Wine and Bug Spray

It's the summer that gave me "what for".

A lot of things have happened this summer. A lot of very big things. The summer I intended to do homeschool with my daughter and post crafts regularly on my blog has turned into another summer: A summer of healing and quiet and faith. And some laughter and friends, too.

As I dip my toes back into blogging, I'll show you our pergola at night.
It has the twinkle lights I dreamed of.
It has the curtains I coveted in all the magazines.
It has some struggling vines on it, too... it'll take time for the pergola to be covered with shady plants.

Here it is: a sanctuary from the ordinary of life:



At night it looks magical.
Sometimes I dance under it.
Sometimes Dan joins me. Reluctantly, but still...
It's a place that's meant to be safe:
Safe for children to run on and off the patio.
Safe for people to be quiet or to laugh so hard they cry.
A sanctuary.
Some wine and bug spray doesn't hurt, either.

Later I'll post some info about the pergola, but for now, enjoy the pics. May you have a sanctuary as well.