Thursday, July 29, 2010

Blessings

After a season of life that could at best be called "trying", we are experiencing some sunshine.

For starters, my husband has accepted a new job that is a good fit for his skills and aligns him for career growth. We're so thankful. Even Morgan understood the importance of it and began to decorate the house. I love this creative daughter.



But wait... there's more... The other day Dan and I were browsing Craigslist. We were looking for a baby crib tent (which we found) but somehow we ended up looking at furniture. We have been in need of a new kitchen dining set for some time. One chair broke completely and the others were threatening to do the same.

Past ventures at finding something were futile. My husband and I couldn't agree on a style. He wanted something sturdy. I wanted something sturdy that wasn't ugly. So we tabled the idea of getting a new set and I mentioned the need to God.

I can't even say that I've been praying for it with any real regularity. I had resigned myself to fall-apart furniture until the kids are, well, much older.

But then this:
A posting for an oak dinette set on Craigs*list. Ladderback chairs with rush seats. A table with leaves. All oak.


Let me translate this for you:
The ladderback chairs with rush seats that Emily has been oogling in Pottery Barn for years.

The hardwood that Dan required.
The taller seats to accomodate Dan's frame.

All this with a very affordable price.

I told the couple from whom we bought it, "This set is going to a good home... We'll take good care of it. We'll have lots of people over and enjoy it thoroughly."


And we will.

Thank you, dear couple, and thank you, God.