Thursday, February 9, 2012

Being a mother of an eight year old is amazing.
I love my eight year old daughter.
I love that she is eight.
It's the perfect age of "girl, yet not teenager."

Morgan is an avid accessorizer.
She wears belts as hair accessories.
She wears hair ties as bracelets.
She wears ribbons and scarves however she wants.
Sometimes she goes to school with a scarf around her waist and by the time she comes home the scarf is in her hair. She loves to make things pretty.

Although I love to decorate, I find myself asking Morgan to make things look nice. She decorated for our New Year's party at home.

She's immensely fun to talk with. The other day she asked, "Mom, when we say 'delicious', aren't we really saying that it's 'de-licious'? When we put 'de' in front of a word, it makes it the opposite, right? So shouldn't it be 'licious'?"

I was stunned. I laughed and told her, yes, it should be "licious".


Morgan does pretty well considering that her little sister wants to imitate her every move. We bought the girls guitars for Christmas and even though they don't know a lick of music, they look like the do. :) Eve loves to bang it and occasionally use it as a weapon.

Morgan wants a dog so desperately. Ugh. I find myself saying "no" repeatedly while she asks very sneaky questions like, "IF we got a dog, what kind would YOU get, Mom?" I tell her "a hot dog"... anything to deviate from the heart of her question. We have too much on our plates to get a dog right now.

This is a pic of Morgan with the very pretty barette that Aunt Becky sent her from Korea. Thanks, Aunt Bex!

If Eve is my challenge right now, Morgan is my prize for waiting out her 3-4 year old years. She's pure beauty, inside and out.

Thankful-