Wednesday, January 5, 2011

MOPS Craft: Kitchen Sink Wreath

Sweet mercy, I love a good craft project. And I love coordinating the crafts for my MOPS friends. It's so much fun. This is what I planned for them for Friday.

A Kitchen Sink Wreath

A what?

It's a wreath you can easily hang above your kitchen sink to give you joy. And in this case, I added a tag with the Bible verse from Matthew 25:40: "Whatever you do for the least of these, you for for me."

Which gives me hope because most of what I do feels undone really quickly. Amen?


What You'll Need

4" Grapevine Wreath Form
6" x 6" Sheet of Moss (Like SuperMoss® All Purpose Moss Mat, avail. at Joann Crafts)
Glue and Glue Gun
12" Ribbon
Scissors


Instructions:

You're going to be cutting your moss into pie pieces on the OUTSIDE and the INSIDE, but not where your wreath form is. You'll see.
1. Start by cutting an 8-piece "pie" in the middle of your form.



2. Do the same with the outside of the moss... Cut eight slices on the outside edge. This will enable you to wrap "slices" of the moss around your wreath form. While you're at it, cut the outside edge of your square so that they're more circular. See pic.



3. Glob some hot glue on your grapevine wreath and wrap one section of your outside moss onto the form.


Don't be stingy with the glue. :)


4. Continue in this pattern around the wreath until all the outside is wrapped.


See?


5. Now do the same to the inside, overlapping the outside moss. It's very forgiving. Can you see any seams? I can't.


6. Now attach a 12" ribbon so you can hang it. I added a Bible verse to remind me that whatever I do (including washing dishes) is important.