Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas Crafts Introduction


My friend Sarah is an amazing mother. Several years ago she posted a Christmas Cookie Countdown for December and... what's more... she had her small boys help her bake every single one. (If you want to shout "MERCY!" like I do, then go ahead.)

With every cookie recipe, she taught her wee ones about Jesus. She taught them a glimpse of Him and His coming. I admired her immensely for this teaching. I also was thankful that her cookies and baking were about family and togetherness.

I asked her if I could "please, pretty please" copy her idea.

She said yes.

So I'll be copying... er, "imitating" Sarah. Except I'll be using crafts.

For the advent season, I'll be posting a host of different crafts to get your Christmas-giddy, craft-happy busybody buddies into a jolly mood. What's more, each craft comes with a nugget of Christmas truth to pass along.

Stay tuned.